Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to Reality


Wow!  What a great Spring Break.  I think I have finally recuperated.  Sophie's Birthday party was fun.  We went to the rec center for swimming & basketball.  Her theme was colorful, sweet candy.  The kids loved it.  We had a candy bar, pizza, pop & cake.  I'm sure all parents were very pleased with me when I sent their children home on a huge sugar high!! lol.

To add a little more fun to our week, we had a Stamp-a-thon with the Stampin Buddies.  It was a fantastic few days with the girls.  There was lots of scrapbooking, crafting & laughing.  Just what I needed.  I spent the time working on a teacher Thank You gift.  Sophie's enrichment teacher is brand new and doing a great job so I wanted to do something special for her.


 For her gift, I altered a desk top organizer.  I just love this paper!  It's so fun & playful.  In the first slot I made a notebook by covering some Papertrey notepads.  The middle slot has a ton of handmade note cards and will be filled with Sharpies & dry erase markers on either side.





On the back, which will face the class, I used a Cricut to add her name and the cute apple.  The last slot is full of book marks that can be colored by her students.

I am very happy with how it turned out and hope that she enjoys it for years to come.







Lastly, I am going to share a bit of our silliness for the weekend.  We didn't want our DH's to feel left out so the last LATE night we made them cards.  I will spare you the back view but will say it involved scor-tape and glitter :)

Thanks for stopping by ~ MamaReebs

4 comments:

Teresa said...

You did an awesome job on your desk organizer. What a great idea.I'm sure the teacher will love it.
OMG is that card ever cute!! I'm sure the hubbies loved that one!!

Unknown said...

Looks like u had great time...cool!!..and the last card..its hilarious, i am sure they loved it!

Anonymous said...

That organizer is adorable. Perfect for a teacher! And oh my goodness, that card is hilarious! Ha, ha looks like you had a lot of fun!

Diane Jaquay said...

Looks like the party was a smashing HIT with the girls! And I love that teacher's gift, I"m sure she'll be thrilled! The bra card, TOO TOO funny ;)