Friday, September 3, 2010

Double Duty

Good Morning all.  Have a card to post that was supposed to do double duty for the Papertrey Pals Pallenge and the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge  below but my camera wouldn't cooperate last night so now it is single duty - lol  

(btw I saw this sketch at Diane's blog and she made a beautiful card that you should check out!)


The Pallenge requirements are to use only PRIMARY colors on  your card.  You could use some black or white but not as a focal point.  Wow Ted, talk about a tough challenge :)

Here is my take - please disregard the shadows.

Since we were using primary colors, I decided to make a school themed card.  The red background is embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  The blue is cut with Papertrey Ink Mat stack 4 die. 


For the sentiment and apple, I used Papertrey Ink's Teacher Apple & Signature Greetings stamp sets.  I like how the yellow ribbon pops the blue off the card.


Around the edges, I brushed SU craft white for some added effect.  I also used Sakura gel sparkle for dimension on the apple.




Hope everyone has a great LONG weekend full of fun!
Thanks for stopping by ~ MamaReebs

7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really CUTE, and you used the primary colors beautifully! Thanks for the shout out for my card :)

Liz said...

great job getting the primary color challenge done!!

Sue Ann said...

Okay this is super cute and you have inspired me to really try and get this challenge done ....... great job!!!

Sue Ann said...

And I just realized that you had staged on an apple ..... perfectly cute!!!!

Monica K. said...

Great job on the challenge! Like the ruffled ribbon and the mat stack.

Georgiana said...

Your card is wonderful! Any teacher would love to receive it.

Georgiana

Beebeebabs said...

Sooo cute thanks for sharing!!!