Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happily Ever Crafter #3 & Papertrey Feb Count Down Day 13

Hi all!  Today was a fun crafting day.  I had a Guest Star Stamper in my "studio" - my darling daughter!  She chose the theme, punched, cut, colored and sparkled.  We made a tag team card that does double duty on two challenges. 


Our first challenge comes from Ted at Happily Ever Crafter.  We were to create a project using only shades of green.  This was more difficult then I thought it would be but fun at the same time.  Especially since green is my favorite color!


The inside of this card fulfills the contest requirements for the Papertrey Ink anniversary countdown embellishment contest.  Nicole challenged us to design our own floral embellishments (not sure if clovers count as floral but I let my daughter pick so we went with it!).  After the embellishments were made, we created a card using it AND one acetate sheet of 4-6 of the embellishments to send to/share with a special stamping friend!  This was such a fun card to make and I would never have thought make a gift out of my card.

Thanks for stopping by ~ MamaReebs


Paper:  SU Green Galore, dark green unknown
Tools:  Spellbinders small circles, Marvy heart punch, Martha scallop
Ink: SU Green Galore
Markers: SU Green Galore, Garden Green   Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star
Stamps: Studio G
Buttons: Papertrey Ink Holiday Mix

6 comments:

Lisa said...

These little shamrocks are adorable!

Ted said...

Great card and you're right... you can't get more green than that! :) Loving what you did with the hearts to make a shamrock!

Sue Lelli said...

You are so way ahead of the game! Love the shamrock made out of hearts! FAB!

Liz said...

How fun that your daughter helped you! I love the embellies you used!

Rebecca said...

My daughter & I thank you for your comments. She was tickled to read them. At first she was afraid to post b/c she thought everyone would think her work was sloppy. I think that for being 8 she did a great job!

Kristina said...

I think your daughter did an AWESOME job!!

Really cute card, thanks for sharing

~KristinaH